Tuesday, June 14, 2011

W2 Day 4

Today wasn't very exciting, but hopefully tomorrow will be. We had to travel on our own to research and we made it, which is pretty impressive (: My mentors left to go to Heidelberg today, so I followed Amy and her mentor around and watched them perform experiments on RNA.  My mentors didn't come back into the lab until it was almost time for us to leave so I just had to pour gels.  Tomorrow we have to leave the house by 6am to travel to Basel, Switzerland! There we spend most of the time touring the Roche plant and the Basel area, but we do have to make a 45 minute presentation about why biotechnology companies are important and what got us interested in science.  I'm really nervous about this presentation and having to talk in front of people, but hopefully it will go well.  My camera broke so there won't be pictures up on Facebook by me, but hopefully one of the other girls will be taking photos (: Well, I have to go eat dinner!
Tschüss (bye),
~Kiersten 

No comments:

Post a Comment