Friday, June 10, 2011

Day 7

Everything that could have gone wrong with the transportation did today.  We caught the first bus, but it was delayed six minutes and when we reached the platform for the next train, we had one minute to go from platform 10 to 3 and we missed it by a couple of seconds.  We had to wait for the next train which arrived an hour later.  We arrived at research an hour late and went straight to working.  I poured gels for electrophoresis and incubated cells that will be used next week. It was fun in lab and I learned a lot about the other people in the lab.  For lunch, I had schnitzel, potatoes, peas, and a salad, which was all delicious.  Coming back from research, our high speed train was on the wrong platform because of all the delays and so we finally found it and got to Karlsruhe to sit on the train for twenty minutes.  When we reached our station, I had to run to catch my bus, I couldn't find the station and I finally found, just in time.  It was a hectic day, but we did get to see some really cool people like these two backpackers who were probably backpacking across Europe and I sat next to an American from Vermont.  Tomorrow we are working on a presentation that we have to make in front of the Roche company (they're funding this program) on Wednesday in Switzerland :) We are also going to a concert later tomorrow, so that should be fun.
That's all for now :)
Au revoir,
~Kiersten

1 comment:

  1. And we all know how you hate to be late for anything, any finger nail left

    ReplyDelete