Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Packing

I'm starting this blog in order to keep track of the adventures I experience especially while I'm away in Germany to share them with you guys .  As you may or may not know, I am getting ready to head to Germany for 7 weeks this summer to do cancer research in Mannheim.  At GSSM it's a high school requirement to do research and I was lucky enough to be chosen to go to Germany for mine.  I'm going to be working in a lab with a Dr. Hofmann at the German Cancer Research Center and I'm going to be staying at a host family's house for the summer.  I'm going to be traveling with two other girls from GSSM along with our biology teacher, Dr. Bhuvana and our research coordinator, Mr. LaCross.  Three female German students will be coming back to the states with us when we return (they will be coming for their summer which is July-August).  I will be staying with Dr. Braun and his family who has three children all around my age.  We are going to meet the students and families this Saturday when we land in Frankfurt.  Our plane is scheduled to take off on Friday around 4 from Charlotte and I won't land back in the states until July 23.  I'm trying to get myself ready for the trip and so far I haven't started packing and it's Wednesday...I just got back from GSSM this past Saturday and my room is full of clothes and random stuff that had previously inhabited my dorm room.  I have no idea what to pack and instead of getting it done, I'm writing this :) I should probably start packing...
Until next time,
~Kiersten

2 comments:

  1. Pack light as you will want to bring stuff home. When I travel I pack for three days and then just rotate every three days. Do me a favor only drink bottled water even when you brush your teeth and do not eat raw vegetables ie salads. Have fun don't worry or stress this is the fun part love ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to read about your adventures. Enjoy every second!! We love you!!

    ReplyDelete