Saturday, June 4, 2011

Here!

So we made it to Germany without any problems :) We had an 8 hour flight and I only got about two hours of sleep so at the moment I'm running on adrenaline.  The flight was long, but I spent most of the time watching movies.  When we got ready to land, the first thing that caught my attention were the windmills.  There were about six or seven clumped together and those clumps appeared randomly throughout the farmlands that cover Germany.  We landed in Frankfurt and that airport is huge!  There was even a grocery store inside of it! We traveled about an hour and half to Dr. Braun's house where I will be staying and there was a lot of farmland and trees.  The Black Forest area is so beautiful and we are on a hilltop so we have a wonderful view.  The houses here are smaller than the ones back home, but they are cosy and they have a different kind of roofing, which is something random I noticed :) There are mountains that follow the highway to Pforheim and it reminds of Virginia with the houses on the mountains.  There's a lot of wheat being grown right now and down the road is a strawberry patch where people go to pick their own strawberries :) Also, the oldest girl, Annalinna rides horses and I get to go down to the stable later.  I think we are also going shopping later today too.  It's going to be hard staying awake, but if I can make it to tonight then I shouldn't be jet lagged after that.  It's so gorgeous here and the family has their own flower garden outside that reminds me of Nana's front lawn :) Also, the room I'm in is pretty big and it has turquoise carpeting, which is awesome and I even have a chair and table inside the bathroom :) In case you were wondering, people don't drive on the wrong side of the road here, which I found to be different from what I had expected and the driver seat is on the left side like back in the states :) The family here made Dr. Bhuvana and I breakfast this morning, which consisted of YOGURT (which is AMAZING here), strawberries, little cakes, coffee, tea, croissants, and bagels :) It was delicious! I'm excited to be here and I will probably post again later today :)
Chao :)
~Kiersten

1 comment:

  1. I always enjoyed the breakfasts in the bed and breakfasts we stayed in. It was always fresh baked biscuits and jam...so good!!!
    And I had forgotten about the Black Forest. We did a concert there when I was there back in 1996. So if you visit there, you can say your aunt sang there... :)
    Have fun!!!

    ReplyDelete