Thursday, June 23, 2011

France

We headed off to France today...It was a church holiday and the priests and their parishes walked in a parade from parish to parish, which was cool to watch because they carried the host underneath a canopy.  We drove an hour and a half to Strasbourg, France and it was so gorgeous especially with all the decorative architecture.  We walked around a lot and went inside the Cathedral of Notre Dame in Strasbourg.  That was my favorite part because the church was TALL and was so beautifully decorated with detailed sculptures, paintings, etc.  It was crazy how striking the cathedral was and every time I saw it, it took my breath away.  I had a common French cuisine at a restaurant though I forgot what it's called but it was three different types of sausages, three different types of ham, and sauerkraut (which I didn't eat...not a huge fan).  It was good though and we went window shopping, too.  Everything was so expensive, but I did happen to buy a pair of earrings for a Euro, which I thought was a good purchase.  Also, we took a boat tour of the River splitting Strasbourg and we got to see the building where the European parliament worked and we got to experience going through a lock...It was an interesting audio narrated tour, but the rocking of the boat almost put me to sleep.  We got stuck in traffic on the way back and it took us three hours to get back to the house.  I'm exhausted and I'm headed off to bed...
(P.S.- Mom, I'm almost done with the Pillars of the Earth, only 100 pages left and it is SO good! Love you!)
Talk to you later,
~Kiersten

No comments:

Post a Comment