Sunday, June 26, 2011

Sunday

Today, I got to go see a horse competition at the stables near the Braun's house.  It was actually warm today (80F) so that was nice and it cool to see the jumping competition.  We toured a monastery today, which turned out to be a lot more fun than it sounds.  I'm reading The Pillars of the Earth and it is a fictional story with action and adventure but also focuses on monasteries and how they are built, so it was interesting to apply the knowledge from this book to an actual monastery.  There was also a Renaissance fair in the square of the monastery and so I got to see sword fighting, Medieval skits, and tug-of-war with four teams and a wheel.  There were a ton of people dressed up and it was interesting to see the different costumes.  I watched the women's soccer game on TV, Germany vs Canada, and Germany won 2-1.  Mexico played earlier today against France in a scrimmage and lost awfully, so it was not a good day for North America, but hopefully Saturday will be better. I had maultaussen for lunch today and flammkuchen (a flat pizza) for dinner.  I'm exhausted so I'm off to sleep.
Ciao,
~Kiersten

1 comment:

  1. So glad that you went to Nuremburg. That is were Bobbo and I went last year. Very interesting city. Sounds like you are having a great time

    ReplyDelete